Wednesday 14 August 2013

If Only...

All that I thought about you
All that I dreamt about you,
Gave me hope, gave me anticipation,
Believed I'd somehow meet you,across the opposite parts of the nation.
I love talking to you, you love talking to me,
We both lead busy lives, we're never where we're supposed to be.
Thinking of this makes me sad,
Couples have dates, not even one of which we've ever had.
I lie to you about my feelings, don't tell you the truth.
Coz I'm scared you'll hurt me, turn out to be a rogue.
Trust me, I think about you a lot, but lately mostly in sadness,
That we don't have what most couples have,
The time, the presence, no lonliness.
If I could only set things straight,
This distance I could break,
If only, I could be there, and you could be here,
Lying on each other's shoulders, as the end of the day comes near :)


No comments:

Post a Comment